The Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital Mahidol University and global digital business DB Results Thailand continue their partnership to deliver significant digital transformation in healthcare for Thailand’s largest and busiest hospital.
The challenge was to design and build an enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) management solution to assist Siriraj to manage their surgery process.
The current process was very manual, requiring the surgery team to manually complete several paper-based forms. This made it difficult for doctors, nurses and specialist to access the information in real-time and report on the data. It also made it difficult to monitor compliance of important tasks that needed to be completed during each phase of the surgery process.
Siriraj engaged DB Results to transform a laborious paper-based and manual process into a well-organised, easily maintainable, and partially automated workflow. Using their collaborative DB Digital Methodology, DB Results worked closely with key surgeons that specialised in the following surgery types to streamline and standardise the process and create a solution based on user needs
- Geriatric hip surgery
- Upper Gastrointestinal (GI)
- Hepatic (Liver) surgery
- Prostate Cancer
Whilst the initial development focused on the four surgery types, the solution was developed to be a configurable workflow for all surgery types. Additional surgery types have now been configured in the ERAS solution, with more planned.
- Digital Roles based access
- Digital smart forms
- Configurable workflow
- Auditable management of allocations and follow-ups
- Integration to Hospital System and Active Directory
Users with Administrator access can access ERAS and manage all the Reference data used to create and maintain surgery workflow templates. These include:
- Adding a new surgery Phase to configure the patient's surgery journey.
- Adding Checklist items to configure the tasks that need to be completed for the surgery.
- Adding Case Record Group to group patient data into meaningful categories
- Adding Case Record Fields to configure the data that needs to be collected for the surgery
Reference data management enables Siriraj to standardise their processes across the different surgery types.
- Surgery Profile Creation
- Surgery Profile Search
- Surgery Profile Patient Overview
- Patient concurrent drug therapy
- Surgery Schedule
The Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) benefits hospital administration, Doctors, Nurses and resulting in a better experience for the surgery management team.
The ERAS application:
- increases efficiency and accuracy for department heads,
- removes paper-based forms,
- saves time with automated processes and workflows,
- reduces data capture errors,
- integrates into the hospital core system ensuring data integrity,
- is a multi-language capability solution,
- logs all activity into an audit log,
- increases compliances i.e. users will only be able to complete tasks assigned to them.
Watch the Presentation Overview - click here.
Watch the ERAS Demonstration - Nurses Role click here.
Watch the ERAS Demonstration - As an Administrator click here.