As one of Australia’s leading investment consultants, JANA currently advises around 80 institutional clients, including corporate, industry and public sector superannuation funds as well as charities, insurers, foundations and endowment funds. With the core business of investment consulting, JANA has seen success for almost three decades in an industry which has been, and remains, subject to rapid change.
JANA wanted a client portal that would differentiate them from the competition, and position JANA as a technology-enabled company that provides financial advice, not a financial advisory company that uses technology.
Key challenges included:
- the removal of manual processes
- centralised management, storage, and access to correspondence between JANA and customers
- self-serve access to information for customers
- a personalised user experience
- enhanced digital capabilities for customer engagement.
As a delivery partner to JANA, DB Results provided leadership, guidance, and expertise in the delivery of digital solutions to rapidly build the JANA Vault solution in a 3-month timeframe.
In order to drive this project successfully to completion, DB Results provided JANA with:
- Education and mentorship in the use of an agile delivery approach, using the DB Digital methodology
- Leadership in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design to design and implement engaging experiences
- Strategic advice and guidance in the adoption of next-generation low-code technology with the adoption of the OutSystems platform
- Solution architecture and development services to build a technically elegant, secure, scalable, and maintainable solution that integrated with and leveraged existing assets to form the end-to-end solution
The result was the successful delivery and roll-out of a new portal solution to support customer engagement with JANA, achieved in a short 3-month timeframe.
During the project, JANA organised a team to work on data cleansing to improve data quality, apply better formatting, and to create a uniform way of capturing data, mainly meeting notes. About 45,000 meeting notes have been migrated from Word-based documents on a shared drive to an online version in the research platform.
Post Go-Live, JANA has been able to improve their internal processes for managing organisations, strategies, meeting notes, and contacts by having a central location for information gathering and a stricter review process. This allows a higher quality of the information for the different strategies and meeting notes that are then published for external parties to use when paying for the services.
After using the system internally for two months, paying customers are now granted access to the published information held in the Vault system with user-friendly search features. There are now 115 users in the systems, including analysts, researchers, consultants, and super users.
JANA is now enabled with the latest world-leading low-code technology and is now ready to take on the challenges of the digital world equipped with the agility of OutSystems and the support of DB Results.
"We are extremely impressed with the result. DB Results helped us to achieve more than we thought was possible as part of the delivery of JANA Vault. This has helped us to take our customer engagement to the next level."
—Georgina Dudley, Head of Business Strategy and Transformation, JANA